With the cost of higher education continually increasing and the availability of funds diminishing, the members of Sisters In Service recognized an opportunity to lend assistance. It is our endeavor to provide resources for some of our young people that earnestly want a higher education.
Our organization offers scholarship awards and book stipends to qualified need based, current Colorado residents ages 17 to 23. These funds are paid directly to a college, trade school, or university located within the state of Colorado, once appropriate registration documentation is received.
APPLICANT QUALIFICATION FOR SUBMISSION
- The Applicant must be a Colorado Resident.
- The Applicant must be a United States Citizen i.e., Native of America.
- The Applicant must be between 17 and 23 years of age and attending an institution of high learning the following fall (Fall 2024).
- The Applicant must attend or plan to attend a Trade School, College or University within the State of Colorado.
- The Applicant must be available for a Personal Interview.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR SUBMITTING THE APPLICATION
- The application must be handwritten or typed and must be clear and legible.
- ALL of the required eligibility requirements MUST be met.
- ALL required supporting documents must accompany the application.
No fax copies will be accepted nor will there be any deadline extensions offered!
(Must accompany this Application)
- A completed Sisters In Service Application.
- Current, official Academic Transcript with at least a 2.5 GPA. You must request that your registrar or counselor send this directly to SIS or to you, in a sealed envelope to be delivered with your submission packet.
- A typed, Personal Resume or Summary of Qualifications.
- A recent photograph, for publication. (Preferably in color and 3″ X 5″ Minimum in size)
- Two letters of Recommendation: One from a member of your community and one from a member of the educational staff at your school, college or university.
- An Essay, (800 word minimum, to 1200 word maximum). The essay addresses, “Why this award would be beneficial to me and if awarded, how I would pay this act of kindness forward”.
- Complete Copy of yours, or your parents/guardians most recent, (Prior Tax Years) Federal Tax Return (Please feel free to black out the last four digits of all Social Security Numbers!)
Note: We will only accept student copies of Academic Transcript, if your institution is on Fall break and/or closed. You will be asked to submit the official document, once available for further evaluation. An unofficial transcript should be submitted with your application.
Note: Applicants who have only received their GED, may submit all of the above documentation with two letters of recommendation from members of their community, in addition to a Certified copy of their diploma or GED, (If applicable).
Submission dates: The SIS Application will be available November 1, of the year through December 31!!
For more information, please contact SIS.
Thank you and good luck in your future!
Due Date: December 31, 2023
Please return this application to:
Sisters In Service
Attn.: Scholarship Chair
P.O. Box 39063
Denver, CO 80239
APPLICANT QUALIFICATIONS FOR SUBMISSION
No fax copies will be accepted nor will there be deadline extensions offered!!
(All Required Documentation, must accompany this application,
if ANY item is missing with your submission, you will be disqualified)